Do you want to transfer data from old iPhone to the new iPhone? Are you having any problem in doing so? If yes, then this article will solve your problem in the easiest way possible. We have discussed the easiest steps to transfer data from old iPhone to the new iPhone.
The steps are:
1. Bring both the Phones close to each other.
Start this migration process by keeping both the iPhones adjacent(close) to each other and enable Bluetooth in both the devices for this transferring process.
2. Scan the Moving picture on Your New iPhone from Your Old iPhone.
To pair both the iPhones, you will have to scan the moving object being displayed on your new iPhone by using your old iPhone but in case your camera is not working in your old iPhone then you can opt for AUTHENTICATE MANUALLY option for the pairing process.
4. Decide How You Want to do the Transferring process of your data.
Once you are over with setting your face id, you will get an option of transferring data from your old iPhone or use iCloud to restore the old backup. Both the selections will show the total time needed for the full process to complete.
5. Proceed with the Setup Process.
Now start with the setup procedure where you will have to accept a few terms and conditions. After that, the real data transfer process will begin which can take time between a few minutes to an hour or more depending on the total of data you have on the old iPhone.
6. Set up Another Device for 2-Step Verification (two-factor authentication).
Apple makes it compulsory to allow 2FA (two-factor authentication) for your Apple account. And your old iPhone is already set as the main device for 2-step verification. It is recommended to set up another reliable device. This will permit you to validate your Apple ID while setting up your new device.
You can then hand over the data from your old device to the new using iTunes or iCloud.
7. Make a Backup Using iTunes.
- Confirm that you’ve installed the newest version of iTunes. You can update it or download it from Apple’s Website.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer with the latest version of iTunes connected.
- Select your old device in iTunes under Devices.
- Tap on File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to save content you’ve download from the Stores.
- If you also want to transfer PINs, fitness, and activity data to your new iPhone then you’ll need to encode iPhone backup. This will back up your keychain data, which includes email account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords, and passwords you enter into websites along with health and activity data. Select the place called Encrypt backup and pick a password for yourself. Don’t forget this password, as then you will not be able to bring back the backup on your iPhone.
- Click on Back Up Now.
- To make sure the backup was effective, go to iTunes Preferences > Devices. You will see the name of your old device(iPhone) along with the date and time of the latest backup.
Now you can transfer your backup to your new device.
8. Transfer your iTunes backup to your new iPhone.
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- When incited to Set Up iPhone, click on Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Now connect to iTunes.
- iTunes will question you to restore (bring back) from backup or set up as new. Select the backup of your old phone and tap on Continue.
- When the restoration process is done, your new device will start again(restart). Now it is ready to use.
- Now verify and change the data by tapping on the syncing tabs in the iTunes store.
Make a backup using the iCloud app.
9. Transfer iCloud Backup to your new iPhone.
- Switch on your new iPhone. Track the on-screen instructions to complete the setup by selecting your language and country, and pick whether to allow Location Services. When prompted, pick your Wi-Fi network.
- When impelled to Set Up iPhone, click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter your Apple ID and password, and click Next in the topmost corner.
- It will ask you to agree to the terms and conditions. Tap on Agreeing the lowest corner.
- Now comes the list of backups. Choose the newest(latest) backup of your old iPhone and click on Restore. Wait for restoring from the backup.
- When the restore process is done, your device will restart. Now you can connect the device to the iTunes store to sync data not included in the backup (such as music, videos, and so on).
- iPhone will begin to re-download all your apps in the background.
Now you need to enter your password for your Apple ID, email, and other accounts. The passwords are not restored to your new iPhone because of security reasons.
I hope your Data is transferred now. If you are having any problems, do tell us in the comment section below.