If you have recently just upgraded from iPhone 5/6/7/8 models to the latest iPhone XR or iPhone XS models, then there are a handful of changes which things are going to happen in the new iPhones. One of the main function is learning how to reset your iPhone XR or iPhone XS when you are troubleshooting your iPhone.
3 Main Types of Resets for your iPhone
There are a few different types of Resets which is now available which solely depends on the situation. These are primarily
- Forced Restart on your iPhone XR
- Resetting the iPhone to Factory Settings
- Using the Reset Options on the Settings App on your iPhone XR or XS
How To Reset iPhone XR or iPhone XS
Reset which is now often called a Forced Restart or Hard Reset, this procedure involves pressing a sequence of three keys on the new iPhone XR or XS.
- All you need to do is to press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then again press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- And in last press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
On the older iPhones, you did this by pressing and holding both the Home and top buttons for around 10 seconds, until you saw the Apple logo clearly appears.
How To Reset your iPhone XR / iPhone XS into Factory Settings
To reset or restore your iPhone XR /iPhone XS to Factory Settings, you will need a system which is running the latest iTunes and cables to connect your iPhone and the computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iPhone XR/ iPhone XS to the computer with the help of a right cables
- Enter your iPhone Passcode, and confirm ‘Trust this computer’ if the message shows up.
- Select your iPhone XR which is available on the left panel in iTunes, Click Summary and then choose ‘Restore iPhone’
- Click on Restore to confirm.
- After the entire process is completed, your device will finally be restored to factory setting.
You may also like to read: