Are you fond of writing or penning your own stuff down but do not have access to the exact platform on your iPad. Then what are you waiting for?
This article will 100% clear all your doubts and solve your problems regarding the best writing apps in your iPads.
1- iA Writer
Every writer needs a platform where he can Write without distraction, this is the complete plan behind iA Writer, which first appeared on the Mac and has since caught on both on the iPad (and very recently, on the iPhone).
- If you are looking for a minimal customized writing app then, this app is best for you.
- It’s easy on the eyes and keeps you focused on the task at hand: writing. And it syncs between platforms using either Dropbox or iCloud, so you can write to any platform that iA Writer is installed on.
- It has many other features like focus mode, a nicely designed topography, punctuations, etc.
- It also predicts the time that will be required to read the written text.
Writing Kit might not be as pretty as iA Writer, but it does have a ton of built-in bells and whistles.
- The app has a browser built right into the app, allowing for quick searches and links if needed.
- It also allows exporting to a variety of apps, including Things and OmniFocus – a big boon for writers who are also in productivity (ahem).
Writing Kit allows writers to use Markdown syntax, syncs with Dropbox, and has many options for users on the go. puts like a dark horse on this list. It is overall the best app for writing as the name suggests itself.
If your idea of note-taking is all about the typed word, Simplenote is the perfect tool for the job packed in a delicious free package.
- It is an extremely simple note-taking platform, with a version available for each major platform. You can use Markdown by tapping the Information icon and activating the Markdown toggle, then swipe the page to the right to preview Markdown.
- You cannot embed images or audio files, add PDF attachments, or include checklists. Since everything is stored in plain text, the app is very responsive and the notes take very little time to render and view.
- The organization is done only through beacons. There are no notebooks or folders – just deploy your own tag system in the tag field of your notes. These tags then live in the sidebar on the left side of the screen, so you can browse by tag with a single tap if you want.
- Since Simplenote is free, there are no features hidden behind in-app purchases or subscriptions – you have access to everything including passcode and biometric type security, a theme of dark mode, and syncing with other features of Simplenote.
4-Byword for iPad
Byword is an app that gives you the same features as you use in the form of a Mac app on your mobile level.
- Designed for easy writing with Markdown
- Sync s all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices text documents.
- Full keyboard shortcuts for more efficiency
- Alternative dark theme for more comfort in low light situations
- The most comprehensive Markdown support, including footnotes, tables, and cross-references
- Contributes to exporting documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish on Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, and Evernote
- The PlainText is a free text editor synced with Dropbox for iOS with a paper-like interface, focusing on one thing good rather than a long list of features.
- It’s hard to write if you can’t concentrate. PlainText’s really simple and straightforward interface removes all unwanted distractions and lets you write simply on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- It also has the feature of text expanding, which is really helpful with a slow typing touchscreen keyboard.
- It is a free app but you will have to pay a few dollars in case you want to get rid of the
So what are you waiting for just go and install this best writing app for your iPad and see how your writing quality changes.
6- Story Planner for Writers
If you are a huge fan of story writing then you should definitely know about this app, it is considered to be one of the best iPad apps for story writing, creating your plots, and converting your imaginations into reality.
- It is best suited for writers, producers, directors, and every kind of other storytellers.
- It gives the advantage of creating multiple writing projects, detailed characters for your story, arranging and creating the scenes of your story, and even adjusted between dark and normal modes to ensure a comfortable writing experience.
- Also provides a strong security system like Face/Touch ID Protection to keep your projects secure.
- The backup facility is also given.
So all the interesting story-writers out there, just go and start using this best story writing app for your iPad and feel the difference of quality in your stories.
This iPad writing app gives you the feature of designing and managing many notebooks and every notebook is completely searchable and has its own settings, eg. – a travel book, a photo log, a notebook based on your ongoing work, a personal diary, etc.
- Multiple notebooks can be created easily.
- You can give every notebook a different theme.
- Unlimited pictures can be added and arranged and adjusted as per your wish.
- You dont have to start from the beginning everytime you open the app, your progress is autosaved.
- Provides writing in both landscape and portrait modes.
- Create a password for your journal for safety and privacy.
Also provides the option for mailing your notebooks along with pictures.
8-Editorial for iPad
This is a plain text editor app for iPad having the features of writing your text beautifully and easily.
- It has a Dropbox Sync facility which helps in editing your documents by using multiple applications.
- Comes with a smart keyboard (extended) which includes all the special characters needed.
- You can simply insert the repeated text by using abbreviations with the help of a feature called Snippets.
- It has folding options that allow you to hide other sections of your file while you are writing.
- You don’t have to exit the app in case you need to do some research while writing, multiple tabes can also be opened at the same time.
So these were some of the best iPad writing apps one should definitely have in their iPads, whether you want it for just writing, creating stories or poems, etc.
Hope you found the article worthy of your time.
In case you need more information about the apps, then do comment and let us know.